Thursday, December 13, 2012

Silver Snowflakes

I haven't had much time to be in my craft room lately, so here's an oldie I dug up using a fun Stampendous snowman and Sparkle N Sprinkle's glitter and Tear-ific Tape.



The image was stamped onto white CS and colored using Prisma Color Pencils and Gamsol.
It's got SNS Sparkling Snow Glitter highlights.  On the right side, I punched out 3 snowflakes.  I attached a strip of 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape to the back and then covered the negative space with Sassy Silver Glitter from SNS.  To finish off the panel, I used 1/4" Tear-ific Tape to make a frame and covered it also with the Sassy Silver Glitter.   The brads were created from regular silver brads, heated with my heat gun, dipped into SNS Clear Embossing Powder and then immediately into the SNS Sassy Silver Glitter!    I've tried doing brads using Versamark, but the results are as good and it's an unnecessary step.  The Clear EP melts because of the heated brad and the glitter sticks beautifully.



Here's a close-up.


x_3d2a35b6

7 comments:

  1. Cute little card! Thanks for the tip on the brads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and some great ideas to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute card. I love the silver glitter on the sticky paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sassy silver glitter! You've caught it beautifully on your camera, too. It's a darling card, B. I like how the white panel is punched out and layered atop the glittered piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sparkle! Merry Christmas Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and love the shimmering flakes :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments - thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips